    waiting anxiously....

    Regards,
    chandan.

    frickinmonk, Sep 8, 2005

  2. On 8 Sep 2005 04:13:45 -0700, frickinmonk wrote:

    > I want to know if I can using java, dynamically know about the whois
    > information of any server...

    Sure.

    > I mean can I find out whois information about a website on the run
    > using any programming language(pref java)... ?

    Yes.

    But it seems you are in no way a programmer, so I
    suggest you pay one to do it for you.

    > waiting anxiously....

    This is usenet - chill.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    "You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.."

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 8, 2005

  3. frickinmonk

    Roedy Green Guest

    wrote or quoted :

    >I want to know if I can using java, dynamically know about the whois
    >information of any server...
    >
    >I mean can I find out whois information about a website on the run
    >using any programming language(pref java)... ?

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/whois.html

    I posted some code within the last few days to read the mx records in
    response to someone's JNDI question. You could use something similar
    to query other DNS records.

    There are various whois services on the web. You might write a hook
    into one of them, though most down are putting in defences to
    discourage you from doing that.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 8, 2005