Use clipboard in web app

Fade

In my app, I use clipboard to paste some html text into ppt. The
program runs correctly in VS2005 development server, and IIS 5.1 in
WinXP SP2. But it failed on WinServer 2003. The thread blocks when any
clipboard functions are called.( ClipBoard operations must be in a STA
thread, so I create a new thread to do it)

What should I do if I want to use clipboard in IIS 6? Is there any
config work about clipboard permission need to be done?

By the way, is there any way of showing html in ppt without using the
troublesome clipboard?

Eliyahu Goldin

Your html is on the client machine. So is the clipboard. Your server app is
on the server. How are you providing data from the client's machine
clipboard to the server?

In your development environment the server and the client are on the same
machine, that's why it worked, not because of IIS versions.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Fade

[...]

troublesomeclipboard?- Òþ²Ø±»ÒýÓÃÎÄ×Ö -

- ÏÔʾÒýÓõÄÎÄ×Ö -

Maybe you misunderstand me. It is the server clipboard that I want to
use. I use clipboard to help with generating PPT file on the server,
because I don't know any other way of putting some html text into a
PPT. I put the text in clipboard, then use TextRange.Paste(), paste
the text into a PPT textbox, the html will be translated to richtext
automaticly. All these happen only at the serverside.