user information before downloading...

kaibo

i'm looking for the best way to require customer info (name, phone, e-mail,
etc.) before they can download a file. i'm using php to create my pages.
there's no database, so i'd like the form info e-mailed to our sales
department.

any suggestions and/or examples would be helpful.

Rob McAninch

i'm looking for the best way to require customer info (name,
phone, e-mail, etc.) before they can download a file. i'm
using php to create my pages. there's no database, so i'd like
the form info e-mailed to our sales department.

Try a Google search for PHP form processors or download managers
or the like.

Essentially, you have to get the information process it and serve
them a method to download the file. You might email them the
information, or redirect them to a secure download site (as you
are already processing their data on a secure site anyhow).

You might look into the Amazon Honor system, they speak of a way
to sell your digital content.