    anything else I need to do?

    Thanks,
    -- Hardin

    HBrothers, Jan 29, 2004

  2. HBrothers

    Keith Guest

    Did you follow this step:

    Grant Read permissions to the Aspnet_wp.exe process
    account.

    See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
    US;329290 for more info.

    Web.Config?
    >I've used it to create the appropriate userName and

    password keys in the
    >registry and put the settings in Web.Config like this:
    > <identity impersonate="true"

    userName="registry:HKLM\SOFTWARE\...\ASPNET_SETREG,userNam
    e"

    password="registry:HKLM\SOFTWARE\...\ASPNET_SETREG,passwor
    d"
    > />
    >However, I keep getting errors saying that the password

    or userName could
    >not be read from the registry. I've made sure that the

    ASPNET account on
    >the server (Win 2003) has permissions to read the

    specific key. Is there

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004

  3. HBrothers

    Marko Guest

    Hi!
    I have exactly the same problem and I followed those steps Keith mentioned. Problem still exists on my 2003 server but it works with my XP/IIS5.1 !
    Is there some fix for this problem that I have with my development environment or maybe some differences with security policys?

    Marko, Feb 2, 2004
  4. HBrothers

    Marko Guest

    Hi
    I have exactly the same problem with my Win2003 server - but wtih XP/IIS5.1 it works!
    I have tried to find the difference but haven't figure it out yet.
    Does my development environment (framework SDK) have something that my test Win2003 server doesn't? Or..
    Is there some fix for Win2003 to resolve this problem? Or..
    Can the local security policy be the reason for this
    --Marko-
    ps It was really hard to get this thru...

    Marko, Feb 2, 2004
  5. On your Windows 2003 machine keep make sure that you have granted the
    permissions needed to the correct account. You will find is you check in
    IIS that the process is now running under an account called Network
    Service. Also, if this still does not work, you could download regmon from
    http://www.sysinternals.com and reproduce the problem will running that
    tool. You can look for any access denieds and it will also show you which
    account is attempting to make an access.

    Hope this Helps
    Holly

    Holly Mazerolle, Feb 2, 2004
  6. HBrothers

    Marko Guest

    Thanks Holly
    Granting read permissions to those registry keys (for Network Service account) solved the problem
    --Marko--

    Marko, Feb 3, 2004