using common layout in Rails

Michael P. Soulier

--dlIpO4z9UYGQMOAL

Hello,

I'm looking at building a web management interface that will work via plug-=
in
applications to a main framework. I was debating using multiple Rails
applicaitons that will look, from a user perspective, like a single
application.=20

To do so, I'd need to use some common layout between all of the application=
s.
How would I specify this?

Anyone know if something like mongrel can run multiple applications at a ti=
me?

Thanks,
Mike
--=20
Michael P. Soulier <[email protected]>
direction." --Albert Einstein

--dlIpO4z9UYGQMOAL

--dlIpO4z9UYGQMOAL--

Timothy Goddard

Mongrel can run multiple servlets but only a single Rails app can run
under a Ruby interpreter at once. The only way I can think of to get
around this would be to either do this by configuring your web server,
setting them out in physical directories, or using Why's sandbox
library and writing your own startup scripts to encapsulate several
Rails apps in different sandboxes.

Michael P. Soulier

--dDnEQgWzhgf+8aPe

Mongrel can run multiple servlets but only a single Rails app can run
under a Ruby interpreter at once. The only way I can think of to get
around this would be to either do this by configuring your web server,
setting them out in physical directories, or using Why's sandbox
library and writing your own startup scripts to encapsulate several
Rails apps in different sandboxes.

Is there a way to specify a common layout for multiple Rails apps? Surely
you're not constrained to just the layouts directory in the app itself, the=
re
must be a way to pick up a common layout outside of that structure.

Mike
--=20
Michael P. Soulier <[email protected]>
direction." --Albert Einstein

--dDnEQgWzhgf+8aPe

--dDnEQgWzhgf+8aPe--

Timothy Goddard

Take a look at the API. You can select a base directory for the views
and can probably use a full path. Failing that, a symlink could solve
it.