VHDL and Emacs (My experience)

Mike Treseler

Try C-w (after doing C-s), it will increase the selection, word by
word,
following the point where you stand. I find it very useful.

Oh yes, and I see C-y marks to the end line.
Very useful indeed.

-- Mike Treseler

Martin Thompson

None of the above worked. Highlighted text when you're typing in the i-
search pattern is a different color than text selected with the mouse
or shift-arrow keys.

Yes, that's just isearch doing it's highlighty thing, compared to the
actual highlighting.
Pasting does not seem to work in i-search (C-s).

M-y ought to work for pasting into isearch. C-y does something
weird, like sucking everything to the end of the line into the buffer!

What does M-y do for you at the I-search: prompt?
I am pretty much a neophyte with emacs yet, so thanks for the hints!

I've been using it for 7 years now and I still feel like a neophyte!

Cheers,
Martin

Andy

I would just mark with the mouse then, C-s
and paste into the mini-buffer with
the center mouse key. Then C-s, C-s, ...

-- Mike Treseler

Mike,

Thanks! that works!

Is there a keyboard equivalent of center mouse key?

Andy

Mike Treseler

Andy said:
Mike,
Thanks! that works!
Is there a keyboard equivalent of center mouse key?

Well, there is a function.
C-h k click2 says:

<mouse-2> at that spot runs the command mouse-insert-selection
which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mouse-sel'.
(mouse-insert-selection EVENT)

But if I don't press the mouse button
there is no interrupt, and I don't get the
right coordinates.

In any case, Pontus has already converted me
to click1, C-s, C-w, ...
That's easier on my right hand.

-- Mike Treseler