    to WRITE and application that will do this.

    Thanks,
    Jacob
    Jacob, Feb 23, 2005

  2. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:45:03 -0800, Jacob
    <> wrote:

    > I'm desperately in need of some direction here...
    >
    > I'm trying to write some software that would play back a series of images as
    > a movie. I'm fairly new to C and I can't seem to find any resources on this.
    > What I'm looking for is a brief tutorial (or VERY well document code) that
    > will open a series of images, buffer them properly in memory, and then play
    > them back in sequence and a certain rate.

    Try one of te newsgroups with multimedia in the name (your news client
    should let you search), this newsgroup (comp.lang.c) is for questions
    about Standard C only. Your question is very platform and compiler
    specific (Microsoft and Borland for Windows, for instance, have a load
    of different interfaces for doing that sort of thing; X on a Unix system
    is very very different).

    Chris C
    Chris Croughton, Feb 23, 2005

  3. On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:45:03 -0800, "Jacob" <> wrote:

    >I'm desperately in need of some direction here...
    >
    >I'm trying to write some software that would play back a series of images as
    >a movie.

    You're better off asking on a newsgroup for the operating system you are
    programming for. This is highly system-specific - even if you do manage to
    get an answer, it might not be one that would work for you. Alternativly,
    post the question on comp.programmer.

    This newsgroup is for Standard C, which does not cover any form of drawing
    graphics. At best, you might get some hints about SDL or OpenGL, but that
    is generally discouraged in this newsgroup.

    > I'm fairly new to C and I can't seem to find any resources on this.

    Writing playback software can be fairly difficult for an experienced
    programmer - you might want to start on something easier first.
    Raymond Martineau, Feb 23, 2005