Visual Studio .NET setup from hell

M Skabialka

In hopes of getting Visual Studio .NET running on my Win XP Pro computer I
have un and reinstalled VS.NET (various versions), .NET Framework (various
versions), various MySQL and other databases etc. I have never been able to
go to a localhost site on this machine, in two months of trying everything
suggested by lost of folks.

I just removed and reinstalled .NET Framework again from the MS update site.
But when I try to open an ASP.NET new project, instead of the usual error
messages trying to get to http://localhost/ I am asked for a user name and
password to my own machine. I put in my normal domain\username and
password, then it denies my access to the folder. Why is there a password
on my own machine, what is it, how did it get set and how do I change it?

Win XP Pro, Wisual Studio .NET Pro, 60 day trial, .NET Framework 1.1 from
the Windows update site.

Mich

M Skabialka

I did that, but it still asks for a password. It says 'connecting to
mycomputer.mydomain.com' when I try to go to http://localhost/, which is now
a trusted site.

Mich

M Skabialka

I have no idea how to check this. Can you please tell me the steps?

Thanks,
Mich

Vladimir V

I do not have XP on my PC but probably the major steps are the same.
Run IIS manager from Administrative Tools.
Highlight your virtual dir from list of virtual dirs on your default web
site. open right-click menu and select properties. From properties window
select Directory Security tab and press Edit in Authentication and access
control section. On the opened window Enable anonymouse access has to be
checked. Integrated Windows authentication chechbox has to be checked also