VS.NET 2005 Express and Professional

Sara T.

Can vs.net 2005 open project files written from vs.net express 2005?

I decided to migrate to full 2005.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes, without a problem.

The full product is actually a shell that holds the "lesser" products, with
a few more features than the Express versions.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

Bruno Alexandre

Yes it can

but if is only for web developing there is no need to upgrade...
Visual Studio Web Developer Express Edition had everything that VS2k5 have
for Web Devoloping.

Bruno Alexandre

may be you right, but... please don't say "useful thing"...!

I'm a web developer for ages and I never used that!

I always used the Query Analyser to work on the database side (build,
create, modify, and delete data) and now I'm using Data Layers for that...
in Web Developer Express Edition, no need VS 4 that!

about source safe... I'm one person, not a team, so I do not use source
safe, that's only usefull if you have a team working on a web application so
you'll be safe if the others modify the source code...

still.... only for Web Development I still perfer the free version than have
to buy a hole licence so I can comercialize the websites.