VS.NET vs Web matrix

Carl

Since we are going to develop a system in a workgroup only or in samll
project. Is it advisable to use only Web Matrix instead of using VS.NET?
Although some features of VS.NET was not available on Web Matrix like
Intelisense and integrated debugging.

please give me any reference site to identify the difference of two
application
thanks

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

This is definitely a case of "You get what you pay for" and the price
difference speaks for itself.
Web Matrix is not adequate for a serious, scalable software system. It is
for basic web sites only.
Here's what the www.asp.net web site says about the differences:

What does Visual Studio .NET offer that isn't in ASP.NET Web Matrix?

Visual Studio .NET is the tool of choice for building professional ASP.NET
Web applications -- and includes many, many features not supported by
ASP.NET Web Matrix. A short list of these additional features include:

a.. Intellisence statement completion support
b.. Debugging support
c.. Class designer and library component compilation support
d.. Source control for multi-developer projects
e.. Support for building Windows Client and NT Service applications
f.. Enterprise Data, Class, XML Schema and Business Process Modelling
designers
g.. MANY ADDITIONAL FEATURES TOO NUMEROUS TO LIST...
Visual Basic .NET and Visual C# .NET Standard Editions can be purchased for
$106 (suggested retail price).