VS2005 connecting to database

SE.Computerguy

When I go through the server explorer to add a database connection I
receive the following error in a pop-up window: "Unable to add data
connection. Key not valid for use in specified state."

This happens when trying to connect to any database, even my local SQL
Server, through the server explorer. It stopped working a few weeks
ago.

Anyone have any idea for a solution?

Doug