VS2005 - Going round and round in circles again :)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by postings@alexshirley.com, Jun 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I was running VS2005 project files and folders on a network share and
    using a development server running IIS. I had to stop this because I
    was receiving "network BIOS command limit has been reached" all the
    time even after following KB810886.

    So I moved all the files of my web project everything to my local
    machine running IIS 5 (integrated security setting)/ASP.NET 2.0/Visual
    Studio.NET 2005/XP Pro (not something a really wanted to do but it was
    a workaround).

    I am now getting the following error in my ASP.NET code (nb works when
    running of an IIS server on a domain controller).

    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The specified domain
    either does not exist or could not be contacted.

    This is the code:

    --------------------------------------

    rootEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://RootDSE")
    contextPath =
    rootEntry.Properties("defaultNamingContext").Value.ToString()
    rootEntry.Dispose()

    So I basically either need my localhost IIS to see active directory on
    my domain (not localhost), or I need a code workaround and get account
    names of the local host machine for the time being.

    Any ideas on how I do this?

    Many thanks

    Alex

    , Jun 22, 2006