VS2005 - Going round and round in circles again :)

postings

Hi

I was running VS2005 project files and folders on a network share and
using a development server running IIS. I had to stop this because I
was receiving "network BIOS command limit has been reached" all the
time even after following KB810886.

So I moved all the files of my web project everything to my local
machine running IIS 5 (integrated security setting)/ASP.NET 2.0/Visual
Studio.NET 2005/XP Pro (not something a really wanted to do but it was
a workaround).

I am now getting the following error in my ASP.NET code (nb works when
running of an IIS server on a domain controller).

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The specified domain
either does not exist or could not be contacted.

This is the code:

--------------------------------------

rootEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://RootDSE")
contextPath =
rootEntry.Properties("defaultNamingContext").Value.ToString()
rootEntry.Dispose()

So I basically either need my localhost IIS to see active directory on
my domain (not localhost), or I need a code workaround and get account
names of the local host machine for the time being.

Any ideas on how I do this?

Many thanks

Alex