VWD Express Beta 2 Install Problem

Guest

I'm trying to install VWD Express Beta 2, but it's telling me that I need to
uninstall MSDN Express Library 2005 Beta first. I uninstalled everything
using the Add/Remove Programs control panel applet, and the Express Library
is not showing up there.

I also ran Registry Medic to clean up any registry problems that might have
been causing this problem.

Any other ideas on how can I resolve this issue? I'd like to get the beta 2
installed.

Thanks!

Guest

Step 1: Download bits from MSDN
Step 2: Uninstalled previous versions of all dot net 2.0 beta software
Step 3: Uninstalled dot net 2.0 beta framework
Step 4: Restarted computer
Step 5: Ran setup for VWDE Beta 2, got a message stating that I still needed
to uninstall MSDN library for beta 2
Step 6: Verified that MSDN Library was not in "Add/Remove Programs" list
Step 7: Ran Registry Medic
Step 8: Restarted computer
Step 9: Repeated step 5, with same results

Thanks

Guest

Step 1: Download bits from MSDN
Step 2: Uninstalled previous versions of all dot net 2.0 beta software
Step 3: Uninstalled dot net 2.0 beta framework
Step 4: Restarted computer
Step 5: Ran setup for VWDE Beta 2, got a message stating that I still needed
to uninstall MSDN library for beta 2
Step 6: Verified that MSDN Library was not in "Add/Remove Programs" list
Step 7: Ran Registry Medic
Step 8: Restarted computer
Step 9: Repeated step 5, with same results

Thanks

TDAVISJR

Have you installed any versions of SQL 2005 Express. If not, then this
could be a bug and you should post this in a bug report. This should have
installed just fine.

--
TDAVISJR
aka - Tampa.NET Koder

Chuck said:
Step 1: Download bits from MSDN
Step 2: Uninstalled previous versions of all dot net 2.0 beta software
Step 3: Uninstalled dot net 2.0 beta framework
Step 4: Restarted computer
Step 5: Ran setup for VWDE Beta 2, got a message stating that I still
needed
to uninstall MSDN library for beta 2
Step 6: Verified that MSDN Library was not in "Add/Remove Programs" list
Step 7: Ran Registry Medic
Step 8: Restarted computer
Step 9: Repeated step 5, with same results

Thanks

Guest

Yes, but I uninstalled it before attempting to install VWDE as per the
instructions on the MSDN site.

TDAVISJR said:
Have you installed any versions of SQL 2005 Express. If not, then this
could be a bug and you should post this in a bug report. This should have
installed just fine.

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Chuck.

If you need to uninstall MSDN, just go to the "Tools",
"Folder Options", "View" menu in Windows Explorer
while highlighting the Windows install directory, and
*unselect* the "Hide protected operting system files" option.

Then, navigate to the \windows\Installer directory,
and hover over the msi files until you locate the MSDN msi.

Right-click on it and select "Uninstall" from the context menu.

That will get rid of MSDN.

You'll need to double-check to make sure the *other*
msi installs have been uninstalled and, if not, uninstall *them*.

Those would be Visual J#, the Device Emulator,
the, the .NET Framework, any other SQL Express
installs, like the SQL Express Mobile Tools, etc.

Good luck!

Don't forget to set the \install directory
back to "hidden" after you finish.

Also, I'd reboot before trying to install the new version, just in case.