War chest for writing web apps in Python?

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Rob Sinclar said:
This is because Aptitude is an independant console application
that is very useful to users working on linux machines without
X server installed.

I know what aptitude is…
Synaptic is the interface which leads the underlying application.

…but I ask why I can deinstall it and still use synaptic if it's using
aptitude as back-end as you seriously claim!?

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

Nick Vatamaniuc schreef:
I found Komodo to
be too slow on my machine, SPE was also slow, was crashing on me and
had strange gui issues,

I hope you didn't install SPE from the MOTU repositories with synaptic
or apt-get. I use SPE myself daily on Ubuntu and wrote this howto
install SPE on Ubuntu:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=218001&highlight=wxpython

I know that others are running SPE on Ubuntu without problems. The main
point is not to use SPE from the repositories, but from the SPE
website. If the howto is too much just download the -nosetup.zip

Stani

Nick Vatamaniuc

Stani,

Thanks. I'll definetly give SPE another try.
You have a great editor with features that others don't have.
I'll try it with the latest wxPython.

I never really thought SPE was the problem, it seemed like a lot of
issues I saw were from wxWidgets...

Nick V.