Way around 'permission denied' error? ActiveX?

J. M. Harper

Hi. I have a framed page
<http://sga.gatech.edu/critique/Cour...REN&CourseNum=2001&Section=A&Term=0&Year=2004>.
I need one frame to access the cookies, the page location, and the
form elements of the framed page. I could do it with javascript,
except the framed page is on a different server completely, and
javascript won't allow you permission to access a framed page's
elements on a different server. Is there a way using ActiveX (someone
suggested) or any other means to be able to access the cookies, the
page location, and/or the form elements on the framed page, even if
the framed page is on a different server? If so, how would I go about
doing that? Thank you for your help.

J. Harper

Randy Webb

J. M. Harper said:
Hi. I have a framed page
<http://sga.gatech.edu/critique/Cour...REN&CourseNum=2001&Section=A&Term=0&Year=2004>.
I need one frame to access the cookies, the page location, and the
form elements of the framed page.

You can't since they aren't in the same domain.
I could do it with javascript, except the framed page is on a different
server completely, and javascript won't allow you permission to access
a framed page's elements on a different server.

Yep, thats the way it works.
Is there a way using ActiveX (someone suggested) or any other means to be
able to access the cookies, the page location, and/or the form elements on
the framed page, even if the framed page is on a different server?
No.

If so, how would I go about doing that?

You can't.
Thank you for your help.