Web applications and VS2003

Konstantin Sokolovskiy

Hello.

I have some VS solution, which contains some ASP.NET projects. Each project
contains some common set of client libraries. For example: there are some
folder ClientCommon, which contains these libraries. At present, each
ASP.NET project contains it's own copy of ClientCommon folder. Is it
possible to leave one copy only for all projects? I can, of course, create
virtual directories for each of ASP.NET projects, which will be mapped to
one phisical location, but these folders are not shown in the VS2003
solution, so I can't edit ClientCommon items. And I can't phisically include
ClientCommon in one of these projects and virtually map all other projects
to this one because of some limitations of our version control system.

Are there any other ways to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Konstantin Sokolovskiy

No, I have not :-(

I tried to ask people on some other forums, but nobody could help me.

Alvin Bruney said:
I noticed your post went unanswered. Have you resolved this issue?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
Konstantin Sokolovskiy said:
Hello.

I have some VS solution, which contains some ASP.NET projects. Each project
contains some common set of client libraries. For example: there are some
folder ClientCommon, which contains these libraries. At present, each
ASP.NET project contains it's own copy of ClientCommon folder. Is it
possible to leave one copy only for all projects? I can, of course, create
virtual directories for each of ASP.NET projects, which will be mapped to
one phisical location, but these folders are not shown in the VS2003
solution, so I can't edit ClientCommon items. And I can't phisically include
ClientCommon in one of these projects and virtually map all other projects
to this one because of some limitations of our version control system.

Are there any other ways to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Put the library in a directory of your choosing, from the property pages (
right click the designer property and choose properties), select the
reference path. Configure your reference path to point to your new
directory. Studio uses this path in its search order when building projects.

--

Alvin Bruney said:
[...]

Konstantin Sokolovskiy

Thanks for yor reply.
But I have problems not with .NET libraries, but with client JS libraries.
See my first post.

Thanks.

Alvin Bruney said:
[...]

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

You may be able to get more help than what is provided here by reposting
this thread in the visual studio newsgroup. I apologize for not being able
to resolve your issue.