    I have no idea about this concept. Please guide.

    Thanks
    Prabhat
    Prabhat, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Prabhat

    Guest

    , Apr 13, 2006

  3. Prabhat wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > How ca I write a asp page that will handle web based Install? Is it
    > possible or I need to go for some 3rd party Software for this, If Yes
    > what is the Best to use with ASP?
    >
    > My requirement is: I have one Software that I wanted to install in
    > Customer PC directly from Webpage instead of allowing the user to
    > download the Software and Install.
    >
    > I have no idea about this concept. Please guide.

    Unless you can convince users to set their security settings to allow it,
    you should forget this idea.

    Think of the havoc hackers could wreak if what you wanted was possible.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 13, 2006
  4. http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/ar...equirement_Security_Vulnerability_Needed.aspx

    --
    //David
    IIS

    David Wang [Msft], Apr 16, 2006
  5. Prabhat

    Prabhat Guest

    Prabhat, Apr 17, 2006
  6. Prabhat

    Mike Brind Guest

    Prabhat wrote:

    > http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2006/04/16/Help_My_Business_Require
    > ment_Security_Vulnerability_Needed.aspx
    > >
    > > --
    > > //David
    > > IIS
    > > http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang

    > rights.
    > > //

    > Hi David,
    >
    > Thanks for your gud information and explanation. But if not in ONE Click can
    > do that in 2 steps? (I think Yahoo Messanger download works in 2 steps)

    Isn't that a standard download (first click) and install (second click
    - well, double click)?

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Apr 17, 2006
  7. Prabhat

    Prabhat Guest

    > Isn't that a standard download (first click) and install (second click
    > - well, double click)?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Brind

    Hi,

    But in this case the application get downloaded to client's PC and then
    Install from there, While I am wondering if there is a way where the
    installer will not get download to client's PC instead will start install
    the software directly from WebServer to Client's PC. I am not sure if this
    way possible or not.

    Thanks
    Prabhat
    Prabhat, Apr 18, 2006
  8. Prabhat

    Mike Brind Guest

    Prabhat wrote:

    > > Isn't that a standard download (first click) and install (second click
    > > - well, double click)?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mike Brind

    > Hi,
    >
    > But in this case the application get downloaded to client's PC and then
    > Install from there, While I am wondering if there is a way where the
    > installer will not get download to client's PC instead will start install
    > the software directly from WebServer to Client's PC. I am not sure if this
    > way possible or not.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Prabhat

    Bob already gave you the answer to this. You would have to get users
    to reset their security permissions to allow it.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Apr 18, 2006