Web Based Install from ASP Page

Prabhat

Hi All,

How ca I write a asp page that will handle web based Install? Is it possible
or I need to go for some 3rd party Software for this, If Yes what is the
Best to use with ASP?

My requirement is: I have one Software that I wanted to install in Customer
PC directly from Webpage instead of allowing the user to download the
Software and Install.

I have no idea about this concept. Please guide.

Thanks
Prabhat

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Prabhat said:
Hi All,

How ca I write a asp page that will handle web based Install? Is it
possible or I need to go for some 3rd party Software for this, If Yes
what is the Best to use with ASP?

My requirement is: I have one Software that I wanted to install in
Customer PC directly from Webpage instead of allowing the user to
download the Software and Install.

I have no idea about this concept. Please guide.
Unless you can convince users to set their security settings to allow it,
you should forget this idea.

Think of the havoc hackers could wreak if what you wanted was possible.

Mike Brind

Prabhat said:
Hi David,

Thanks for your gud information and explanation. But if not in ONE Click can
do that in 2 steps? (I think Yahoo Messanger download works in 2 steps)

Isn't that a standard download (first click) and install (second click
- well, double click)?

Prabhat

Isn't that a standard download (first click) and install (second click
- well, double click)?

Hi,

But in this case the application get downloaded to client's PC and then
Install from there, While I am wondering if there is a way where the
installer will not get download to client's PC instead will start install
the software directly from WebServer to Client's PC. I am not sure if this
way possible or not.

Thanks
Prabhat

Mike Brind

Prabhat said:
Hi,

But in this case the application get downloaded to client's PC and then
Install from there, While I am wondering if there is a way where the
installer will not get download to client's PC instead will start install
the software directly from WebServer to Client's PC. I am not sure if this
way possible or not.

Thanks
Prabhat

Bob already gave you the answer to this. You would have to get users
to reset their security permissions to allow it.