Web Frontend development ASp.NEt

Triv

Hi,

Has anybody come seen the MSCRM3.0 frontend. The application is totally
web based but at a first glance it gets difficult to tell if it is a
web based application or a desktop application. The menus etc.. blend
so nicely with Internet explorer window that it gives a feeling one is
using a thick client. It is a couple of steps ahead of what Microsoft
did for MS outlook web.

Does anybody know if Microsoft (or anyother company) has comeup with
such toolkits which allows you to develop web applications with this
kind of look n feel. If I think of doing it right from scratch then it
is indeed a lot of effort. I would expect such a toolkit to include
support for menus, splitter bars, outlook style grid control, tree
control, support for skins, etc.. etc..

Regards,
Triv

Joe King

Triv,

You will find quite a few control vendors specializing in web controls for
ASP.NET.

One of the primary elements in your request is having a multi-panel splitter
layout that is fluid and dynamically adapts to the browser window size. We
make such a control, that is capable of being strong foundation for your
page layout.

PanelSet for ASP.NET
http://www.coalesys.com/products/mercuryuiaspnet/features/panelset.asp

Online Samples:
http://www.coalesys.com/products/mercuryuiaspnet/samples/panelset/default.asp

It possesses the fundamental qualities for such a design: A matrix of
automatically sizing Panels capable of holding any other content (including
nested PanelSets), along with a Splitter object that can be placed between
Panels to allow for user resizing or even just for cosmetics. Also,
Coalesys Panel objects are capable of out-of-band callbacks (ie: partial
postbacks, AJAX) for more rich application feel.

It is part of our Mercury-UI for ASP.NET package, which also includes a menu
and PanelBar navigation controls.