Web Reference class spawns temporary assembly when instantiated?

Nathan Craddock

I'm working in an environment where the users of my application aren't
permitted to write DLLs or EXEs. My application has a web reference to a web
service on one of our servers. Whenever I instantiate the web service client
class ( : SoapHttpClientProtocol ), it is trying to generate a temporary
assembly. I guess this is the XmlSerializer.

If I watch in the output window while debugging, as soon as I call the
constructor, I get the "'Application.exe': Loaded 'dkpbmcff', No symbols
loaded." message.

My question is: Is there any way to prevent it from creating a temporary
assembly?

(Using VS.Net 2003 and .Net Framework 1.1 with current SP)