Web Service from WSDL File

Brian

I have a situation where I have WSDL and a schema that I want to implement a web service from on a Windows box using VS .NET. Everything else I have done with Web Services has been from creating Web Methods in a VS .NET project that VS/IIS turns into WSDL. I am now in the situation where I need to go the other direction. How can I do this with the Visual Studio .NET?

I hope the answer is not that I have to create Web Methods that I think will generate the same WSDL file as that which I want to implement.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

Jan Tielens

Sure you can! Actually this could be even a good approach.

You can use the wsdl.exe tool with the /server switch
/server
Generate an abstract class for an xml web service implementation using
ASP.NET based on the contracts. The default is to generate client proxy
classes.

More info: http://tinyurl.com/3f3cn

--
Greetz,
Jan
Brian said:
I have a situation where I have WSDL and a schema that I want to implement
a web service from on a Windows box using VS .NET. Everything else I have
done with Web Services has been from creating Web Methods in a VS .NET
project that VS/IIS turns into WSDL. I am now in the situation where I need
to go the other direction. How can I do this with the Visual Studio .NET?
I hope the answer is not that I have to create Web Methods that I think
will generate the same WSDL file as that which I want to implement.

Jan Tielens

Please do not post the same question in multiple groups...

I've answered your question in the framework.webservices group:

Brian said:
I have a situation where I have WSDL and a schema that I want to implement
a web service from on a Windows box using VS .NET. Everything else I have
done with Web Services has been from creating Web Methods in a VS .NET
project that VS/IIS turns into WSDL. I am now in the situation where I need
to go the other direction. How can I do this with the Visual Studio .NET?
I hope the answer is not that I have to create Web Methods that I think
will generate the same WSDL file as that which I want to implement.

Shaji Sethu

Hi,
You can use WSDL.exe as explained or use the tool from this web site. This
one is a bit more sophesticated but free.
http://weblogs.asp.net/cweyer/archive/2003/11/21/39070.aspx
/Shaji Sethu