Web service Http 500 err: unrecognized request format

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by tesis, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. tesis

    tesis Guest

    Hi all gurus,
    some days ago my IIS5 (XpPro SP2) had stopped working; since then I have
    deinstalled all HotFix, then SP2, then .NET Framework 1.1, then IIS 5,
    then reinstalled IIS5, SP2, all proposed WinUpdates, then IIS5, then
    ..Net Framework, then have run aspnet_regiis /i, ended with no errors.
    ASP.NET apps run correctly, while web services not, ending with a
    "HTTP500 - internal server error". Update key brings up an error:
    [InvalidOperationException: Formato della richiesta non riconosciuto.]
    (unrecognized request format ?)

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Ty
    pe type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse
    response)

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpCo
    ntext context, String verb, String url, String filePath)
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecution
    Step.Execute()
    completedSynchronously)

    I've NOT found errors like this in this NG. Can pls some1 help me, even
    pointing me to the right direction? TIA

    tesis, Oct 31, 2005

  2. tesis

    tesis Guest

    Hi all,
    I've performed some narrowing; simple web service like "Hello world"
    works well, but when I try to return a filled dataset thru a web
    service, I get the error. The same service has worked unchanged from
    about three month till some days ago. Of course, I made no change. Any
    clue?

    tesis, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Solved. It was an authentication error.

    Saverio Tedeschi, Nov 2, 2005