Web Service Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Luis Esteban Valencia, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. The problem I have is:

    I have a solution on my pc with a web application and a web service. It
    works perfect on my PC.
    When I try to migrate to the INTERNET server I do the following.
    1. I copied the WEBSERVICE proyect to the destintation folder of the server.
    (NO PROBLEM)
    2. SO I must change the reference for it to work .
    When I add the reference
    to this site.
    http://apl1.haceb.com/servicioweb/wsproveedores.asmx

    On the window I got this error
    Error al descargar 'http://apl1.haceb.com/servicioweb/wsproveedores.asmx'.

    Se ha terminado la conexión: No es posible conectar con el servidor remoto.

    In english is says( The conection has finished. Its not possible to connect
    to the remote server)

    If I can Surf to the webservice URL? why I cant add the reference?

    The name and the button are deactivated.

    --
    LUIS ESTEBAN VALENCIA
    MICROSOFT DCE 2.

    Luis Esteban Valencia, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Luis, maybe it is an issue with your http proxy, see here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q318140/
    ?

    IE has settings for the HTTP proxy (you can surf to it), but VS has separate
    settings.
    the above kb article tells you how to config vs to use IE's settings.

    -Dino

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Oct 27, 2004