Web Service Authentication Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Marco, Jan 15, 2008.

  1. Marco

    Marco Guest

    Hi all.

    Since a couple of days I'm experiencing a very strange problem with our
    company intranet, which has kept running since at least five years.

    We have different applications calling a web service located on the same web
    server as the applications themselves.
    On the whole web site basic and anonymous authentication are disabled, while
    integrated windows authentication is enabled.
    To authenticate on the web service I use "proxy.Credentials =
    System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;".

    Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago, when our system
    administrator installed about 40 patches on the server (security and other).
    Since then, when an application tries to call a method on the web service I
    get following error message:

    "[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.]
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    +1303
    methodName, Object[] parameters) +218
    proxy.GetObjectID() +34
    ASP.CAbsList.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) in
    E:\...\WebCWL\Default.aspx:166
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750"

    Can anyone help me solve this problem?
    Any hint would be quite appreciated, since we can not remove the installed
    patches.

    Thanks in advance,
    Marco
    Marco, Jan 15, 2008