Web Service Standalone Client

JavaEnquirer

I'm rather confused by all of the documentation available on the
subject of Java and Web Services. What I'd like to be able to do is
simply call a web service from a stand alone Java desktop application.
About all I can work out is that I require some jaxrpc jar in my class
path ( do I need all three that come with jwsdp-2.0 ) ?

Could anyone point me towards some simple code examples of how to call
a web service, preferably, one that calls a trivial publically
available WS so that I can test it.

Many thanks in advance.

Venky

If you are not that particular on using jaxrpc, then I would suggest
you to use jakarta axis to implement your web services. I found
"jakarta axis" (http://ws.apache.org/axis/) very simple to implement
web services. You can download the software and can run the examples
given with it.