Web Services persistent messages - only for advance programmer

Lolo

Hi,

I would like ask some expirience java programmers, to which direction
shoul I go in my particular problem:

I have to types of services which exchange XML messages:

1. Request & Reply
2. Fire & Forget

For those first I would like use Web Services and transport layer HTTP.
But problem is with those second. I will describe a little what I mean
Fire & Forget.
Client of the service, would like to send a message for the provider,
which is kind of notification - for instance: I chenged status into:
DISABLED. Client dose not care when provider will be notifed, but there
is one assumption - provider will be noified for 100% somewhere. For
instance you can set up it in the Java Messaging System (JMS) as:
DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT and then I have sure that the message will be
delivered on 99,99%.
In the net I find out somethink like:
OASIS Web Services Reliable Messaging (WSRM) TC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsrm/
but I require somethink more useable....
I have to use somethink platform and language (programming) independend
- where WebServices are almost perfect instead of this, they they dose
not support F&F type of messages - or I do not know about this.
I know that there is product like IBM MQ Series, which allo such a
functionality and contain API in C/java and maybe others. But I would
like to be rather technology dependent and not the product.

Do you had such problem, what do you preffer, what will be the best
solution for that?

Best regards
Lolo