    Question 2: Where can I see if this service is running?

    Question 3: Can I get the current "uptime" for the service?

    /Marre

    MA, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Sounds like you'll need to implement some lifecycle methods around your web
    service. One approach to this is having three methods (operations in web
    service jargon).

    Start();
    YourWebServicerOperation( Parameters here );
    Stop();

    Start could create a thread(s) that would service requests and record the
    start time. Stop could stop the thread(s) and record the stop time; and your
    actual web service would be the third (or more) method(s). We've used a
    similar approach with some success on a project.

    hope this helps,

    ~harris
    http://www.armchairathletes.com

    Harris Reynolds, Sep 23, 2004

  3. MA

    MA Guest

    Hi Harris!

    Thanks for your answer. I´ve done it with a timer witch I start and stop
    with button-events. Every time it´s elapsed I do the operations that should
    be done.

    It´s a little bit unstable with timer.stop() and timer.enabled=false;. It´s
    not allways the timer want´s to stop, but that is a smaller problem right
    now :)

    /Marre

    "Harris Reynolds" <> wrote in
    message news:...