    Is it possible to configure the permission to allow registration of Serviced
    Components from within Visual Studio 2003?

    Thanks in advance!

    Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 22, 2003

  2. When i run the application within Visual Studio 2003 without the
    web-service:

    A "Windows Form" that calls a "Serviced Component". It all selfregister in
    com+ without any problems.

    Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 22, 2003

  3. I also think its a bad idea tha "web user" dynamically register com+ apps.
    I dont use lazy registration in the production enviromnet, i use a setup
    program to register serviced components.

    What you are saying is that you first have to this step everytime you open
    the Visual Studio 2003:

    1) Build all your serviced components.
    2) manually register regsvs on each assmebly.
    3) Ready to rumble with your Webservices

    Regards

    Mats-Erik

    "Christian Weyer" <_eyesoft_sucks.de> wrote in message
    > This is clearly a security restriction - and this is fine! Imagine every
    > "web user" could just step in and dynamically register any COM+/ES app ...
    > Well, dynamic or lazy registration of ES apps is only allowed by users of
    > the Administrators group.
    > You should not use lazy reg. in production coide, please be sure to

    leverage

    Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Do You have an example of how that project/commandfile can look like?
    How do you catch the post-build event?

    Regards,

    Mats-Erik Grundh

    Mats-Erik Grundh, Oct 23, 2003