Website Solution File

Uriah Piddle

Hi Gang,

When I create a new website in VS 2005 Standard, VS creates two folders,
Website1 and Website1(2) and the .sln and .suo files go into the Website1(2)
folder. I seem to remember seeing a setting to the effect of: 'create a
solution for every website' somewhere before but, for the life of me, I
can't find it. Thanks for any ideas.

Steve

Uriah Piddle

Thanks Mark,

That setting does add an .sln file to the project and it shows up in the
Solution Explorer, but the .sln file goes into its own folder (
Website1(2) ) and it shows up in the Solution Explorer as 'Website1(2) (1
project)'.

Steve

Guest

Steve,

Try creating a brand new website with the option checked and no solutions
open. That worked for me...

Mark

Uriah Piddle

Mark,

Thanks but that did not help. I think I have to sleep on this one. Maybe run
a repair re-install or something. I will report back here if I figure it
out.

Steve

Uriah Piddle

Re-installing fixed it. Thanks again Mark.