WebUIValidation.js - help!

Guest

Hiya

Okay, I'm working on a page with a lot of validation, and I needed to do
some "instant" validation, so I pulled in the JS file so I could write some
client side code to check validation.

However, I'm getting the following JS error in IE...

'Page_Validators[...].isvalid' is null or not an object

.... and all my validators have stopped working! What have I missed?

Cheers

Dan

Hans Kesting

dhnriverside said:
Hiya

Okay, I'm working on a page with a lot of validation, and I needed to
do some "instant" validation, so I pulled in the JS file so I could
write some client side code to check validation.

However, I'm getting the following JS error in IE...

'Page_Validators[...].isvalid' is null or not an object

... and all my validators have stopped working! What have I missed?

Cheers

Dan

Sound like you broke something. Try to get back the previous version.

Why do you want to edit this file? As a "system supplied" file, it could
be overwritten at any moment (like upgrade).

Maybe a better solution is to add CustomValidators, where you can add
client-side code, without touching "system files".

Hans Kesting

JIMCO Software

Hans said:
Sound like you broke something. Try to get back the previous version.

Why do you want to edit this file? As a "system supplied" file, it
could be overwritten at any moment (like upgrade).

Maybe a better solution is to add CustomValidators, where you can add
client-side code, without touching "system files".

Absolutely! The webuivalidation.js file is updated with most hotfixes. If
you modify it, you will lose your changes. If you overwrite the one that is
installed with a hotfix with your modified one, you will likely break your
site. I've seen this issue a thousand times where someone has done this.
When they click buttons on their site, the client-side code prevents the
form from submitting, essentially causing the buttons to not do anything at
all. :)

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003

Guest

I haven't touched the WebUIValitation.js file. I've simply incuded it with a
<script> element on my page.

I tried taking the script tag back out, and the validators still wont fire.
Any ideas?

Hans Kesting said:
dhnriverside said:
Hiya

Okay, I'm working on a page with a lot of validation, and I needed to
do some "instant" validation, so I pulled in the JS file so I could
write some client side code to check validation.

However, I'm getting the following JS error in IE...

'Page_Validators[...].isvalid' is null or not an object

... and all my validators have stopped working! What have I missed?

Cheers

Dan

Sound like you broke something. Try to get back the previous version.

Why do you want to edit this file? As a "system supplied" file, it could
be overwritten at any moment (like upgrade).

Maybe a better solution is to add CustomValidators, where you can add
client-side code, without touching "system files".

Hans Kesting

Guest

I just said I haven't touched the JS file!

Also, the validators still fire, and all the buttons still work, its just
that if there is a validation problem, the form submits anyway.

Haven't touched the js - promise!

JIMCO Software

dhnriverside said:
I just said I haven't touched the JS file!

Also, the validators still fire, and all the buttons still work, its
just that if there is a validation problem, the form submits anyway.

Haven't touched the js - promise!

Remember, this isn't IM. It's a newsgroup. :)