weird problems with asp.net 2.0 application

Nedim

Hi
I have a ASP.Net 2.0 web application that connects to the Sql Server 2005
database. And sometimes (only at clients, I was never able to reproduce those
problems locally but I have witnessed them in production enviroment) strange
problems which I cannot explain:

- sometimes search doesn't give any results on the first try (and I know
that the data I'm searching for exists), but on the 2nd or 3rd try I get the
correct results. And sometimes I just get strange symbols instead of legibble
text.
- same thing happens with another option that gets results of a stored
procedure - no results for the 1st or 2nd try, and usually 3rd gets the
results right.
- A record gets updated, and somehow that update misteriously gets lost
(like somebody does undo of an UPDATE query)
- at times web application gets extremely slow - and there are no speed
problems (clients are accessing it over LAN and it's hosted on a quad core
8gb RAM server with Windows Server 2003).

All of these problems happen at random, and without and logical explanation
that I can think of. It works on my local development machine, and I only get
this kind of behaviour in production enviroment.

If anyone has had any experience with these kind of anomalies please tell me
how I can circumvent them.

Regards,
Nedim

maciek kanski

Nedim said:
It works on my local development machine, and I only get
this kind of behaviour in production enviroment.
Development machine == (probably) only one request each time.
Production machine == multiple concurrent requests. Maybe try to start
from that point.