    Since Java is usuall solution in big enterprise products it should be
    easy to find more.

    Do you know more?
    Mladen Adamovic, Oct 22, 2005

  2. Mladen Adamovic

    knorth Guest

    Tomcat and JBoss are application servers. If you're looking for web
    server information, consider servers such as Jetty and Sun Java System
    Web Server.

    About 90% of web sites are running Apache or Internet Information
    Server. The Sun web server is third at 2.5% (1.8 million sites).

    To check what web server a site is running, go to www.netcraft.com. It
    reports brittanica.com and weather.com are running Apache. If you want
    examples for specific application servers, use a search engine and
    enter "case study" and the app server name.

    Ken North
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.SQLSummit.com
    http://www.WebServicesSummit.com
    http://www.GridSummit.com
    knorth, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Mladen Adamovic

    Malte Guest

    knorth wrote:
    > Tomcat and JBoss are application servers. If you're looking for web
    > server information, consider servers such as Jetty and Sun Java System
    > Web Server.
    >
    > About 90% of web sites are running Apache or Internet Information
    > Server. The Sun web server is third at 2.5% (1.8 million sites).
    >
    > To check what web server a site is running, go to www.netcraft.com. It
    > reports brittanica.com and weather.com are running Apache. If you want
    > examples for specific application servers, use a search engine and
    > enter "case study" and the app server name.
    >

    > Ken North
    > ---------------------------------
    > http://www.SQLSummit.com
    > http://www.WebServicesSummit.com
    > http://www.GridSummit.com

    Lots of servers run Apache then have Apache farm out work to J2EE
    Malte, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Mladen Adamovic

    . Guest

    On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Mladen Adamovic wrote:

    > I tried to find the list of well-known Internet sites which use Java
    > based web servers (tomcat, weblogic, Jboss, etc.).

    As others have pointed out, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, etc. are application
    servers. Assuming you are interested in the application servers people are
    using, hunt around www.serverwatch.com. You should be able to find
    something there.

    Generally speaking though, if I was running an Internet site, why would I
    want to promote the application server I'm using? Unless some company is
    going to make it worth my while I'd prefer to keep it under wraps.

    > I googled but didn't find that list.
    >

    > So far I know the following :
    > weather.com
    > www.britannica.com
    > news.bbc.co.uk (using WebObjects from Apple)
    > www.apple.com
    >
    > Since Java is usuall solution in big enterprise products it should be
    > easy to find more.
    >
    > Do you know more?

    Yes but it is because they are partners with my company and I'm not at
    liberty to say who they are.

    ., Oct 24, 2005