    If it is a good approach then what are other alternatives(other that
    Apache Axis)

    -Thanks

    Bhanu, Mar 15, 2007

  2. Bhanu

    Tomek Guest

    On 15 Mar, 06:04, "Bhanu" <> wrote:
    > Want some suggestion from you guys.
    > I am using web services to upload data to server, this data is send
    > after some event(clients not necessarily java clients). Is there some
    > better approach to do that.
    > If it is a good approach then what are other alternatives(other that
    > Apache Axis)
    >
    > -Thanks

    Alternatives :
    XFire
    Celtix
    Apache CXF ( still beta )
    Glue
    JBossWS
    ActiveSOAP
    JibxSOAP

    Try XFire ( http://xfire.codehaus.org/ ), very fast i easy to use.
    But use MTOM support for uploading data, as i remember people send
    data with size over 100MB whit this.

    Tomek, Mar 15, 2007

  3. Bhanu

    Ian Wilson Guest

    Tomek wrote:
    > On 15 Mar, 06:04, "Bhanu" <> wrote:
    >
    >> what are other alternatives (other that Apache Axis)

    <for uploading large files via web-services?>

    > Alternatives :
    > XFire
    > Celtix
    > Apache CXF ( still beta )
    > Glue

    Is The Electric Mind's "Glue" still available? The URL
    http://www.themindelectric.com/glue now leads to
    http://www.webmethods.com/ where I can find no mention of Glue.

    I'd like to know if it is commercial or open-source and where it can be
    obtained.

    Ian Wilson, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Bhanu

    Tomek Guest

    > Is The Electric Mind's "Glue" still available? The URLhttp://www.themindelectric.com/gluenow leads tohttp://www.webmethods.com/where I can find no mention of Glue.
    >
    > I'd like to know if it is commercial or open-source and where it can be
    > obtained.

    As i remember it was commercial, so probably i shouldn't put it on the
    list :)

    Tomek, Mar 15, 2007
  5. PÃ¥ Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:51:05 +0100, skrev Tomek <>:

    > Alternatives :
    > XFire
    > Celtix
    > Apache CXF ( still beta )
    > Glue
    > JBossWS
    > ActiveSOAP
    > JibxSOAP

    Also keep in mind Axis (1.x) and Axis2 are different beasts. If the OPs
    experiences are with the clumsy Axis 1.x code, perhaps looking into Axis 2
    is an alternative.

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Mar 22, 2007