What python modules are available?

Why Tea

How do I find out what python modules are installed on a Solaris
platform?

I tried to import numarray, but python couldn't find it.

/Why Tea

Dan Lenski

Why said:
How do I find out what python modules are installed on a Solaris
platform?

I tried to import numarray, but python couldn't find it.

/Why Tea

They're usually stored in something like /usr/lib/python2.4
And you can find most of the available modules at
http://python.org/pypi

Dan

Fredrik Lundh

Why said:
How do I find out what python modules are installed on a Solaris
platform?

ask the person who did the installation? or run this script:

http://svn.effbot.python-hosting.com/pydotorg/listmodules/listmodules.py
I tried to import numarray, but python couldn't find it.

numarray isn't a standard module; see the library reference for a list
of modules that you can expect to be available on most platforms (but
make sure you check the page for the modules you're interested in, to
see if they're platform-specific or otherwise optional)

</F>

Why Tea

Robert Kern

Why said:
All I need is something to provide me with array features. I can't
remember why I chose to use numarray a while ago...

You will probably want numpy these days. numarray is being phased out.

http://numpy.scipy.org/

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

Robert Kern

km said:
Hi all,

Thats ridiculous! why is that the numpy implementation documentation is
put on sale and not available freely to everyone?

http://www.tramy.us/FAQ.html

In brief, because otherwise there wouldn't be any complete documentation. With
all due respect to the Numeric manual's authors, it was never complete and
occasionally inaccurate over its lifetime. Time is not free.

On the other hand, if you are willing to put your time where your demanding
mouth is, the community would appreciate your efforts in expanding the freely
available documentation:

http://www.scipy.org/Documentation

--
Robert Kern