What's Your Favorite HTML Editor?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by genedefcon2006, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    Mine's EditPad Lite.

    genedefcon2006, Oct 7, 2006

  2. genedefcon2006

    Marvel Guest

    "genedefcon2006" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    > Mine's EditPad Lite.

    I used to do everything in notepad but now I use Nvu

    Marvel, Oct 7, 2006

    Look into Crimson Editor. http://crimsoneditor.com/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 8, 2006
  4. genedefcon2006

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    genedefcon2006 wrote:
    > Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    > Mine's EditPad Lite.

    For an html only page, I often use notepad in the Windows XP OS.
    However, I use quite a bit of php, and unless you have a server on your
    computer, you have to check the php page online. I have a php editor on
    the server of my host. Thus I can make changes there and with a click
    or two see how they work on a served page. Often a page that uses php
    can be mostly written and debugged on your computer and the php portion
    only added at the last minute. This approach can save time.

    The Mozilla, Netscape, and now SeaMonkey browsers have an editor that
    works fairly well and will allow you to upload a page, complete with
    images and other media, scripts, etc by just a click or two after you
    get the page working. It is worth a look if you use any of these
    browsers. I don't like complicated editors that sometimes write code
    best suited for one browser, such as IE6. However there are people that
    will have nothing other than on of Microsoft webpage programs and a
    Microsoft server to go along with it. Not many such people seem to use
    this group :) .

    cwdjrxyz, Oct 8, 2006
  5. genedefcon2006

    patrick j Guest

    On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 22:00:16 +0100, genedefcon2006 wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    > Mine's EditPad Lite.

    BBEdit

    It's a Mac thing though :)

    --
    Patrick
    Brighton, UK

    patrick j, Oct 8, 2006
  6. To me if it can edit HTML, and it's free, and it has a good interface,
    I'll use it. Still I prefer EditPad Lite. SeaMonkey/Netscape/Mozilla
    editor is good and is a bit like Nvu.

    genedefcon2006, Oct 8, 2006
  7. On 2006-10-07, genedefcon2006 wrote:
    > Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    > Mine's EditPad Lite.

    emacs

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Oct 8, 2006
  8. genedefcon2006

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "genedefcon2006" <> wrote:

    > To me if it can edit HTML, and it's free, and it has a good interface,
    > I'll use it.

    You mean any editor that happens to catch your eye on any
    particular day that can edit html (what can't btw?) you will use?

    Enjoy yourself. Things are going to be different when I am king.
    No more wishy washy crap like this. You will damn well use what I
    tell you to use.

    nice.nice.dorayme

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 8, 2006
  9. I mean that if I'm on my friends computer, i'll use say, the SeaMonkey
    html editor, at work use notepad, on my desktop use editpad lite, and
    on my laptop use notepad. I'll use what is avliable.

    genedefcon2006, Oct 8, 2006
  10. genedefcon2006

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "genedefcon2006" <> wrote:

    > I mean that if I'm on my friends computer, i'll use say, the SeaMonkey
    > html editor, at work use notepad, on my desktop use editpad lite, and
    > on my laptop use notepad. I'll use what is avliable.

    And I meant that when I am king, you will be forced to use what
    is not available.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 8, 2006
  11. Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
    being archived! : )

    genedefcon2006, Oct 8, 2006
  12. genedefcon2006

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "genedefcon2006" <> wrote:

    > Is this thread having anything to do with HTML? And remember this is
    > being archived! : )

    O! OK. I better wait till I'm king before carrying on further...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 8, 2006
  13. genedefcon2006 schreef:
    > Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    > Mine's EditPad Lite.

    vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
    page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
    websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
    pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
    Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
    editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
    studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
    Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
    php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
    komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
    eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
    xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 8, 2006
  14. On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:46:22 +0100, Edwin van der Vaart wrote
    (in article <b356b$4528e50a$3ec2999a$>):

    > genedefcon2006 schreef:
    >> Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    >> Mine's EditPad Lite.

    > vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
    > page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
    > websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
    > pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
    > Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
    > editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
    > studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
    > Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
    > php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
    > komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
    > eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
    > xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.

    So what do you use on the other days of the week?{1}
    :)

    [1] Sorry, deliberately unsnipped to make the joke.

    --
    Sally in Shropshire, UK

    Sally Thompson, Oct 8, 2006
  15. Sally Thompson schreef:
    > On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:46:22 +0100, Edwin van der Vaart wrote
    > (in article <b356b$4528e50a$3ec2999a$>):
    >> genedefcon2006 schreef:
    >>> Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    >>> Mine's EditPad Lite.

    >> vi, vim, emacs, gedit, joe, jedit, nedit, ewisoft, netpadd, araneae, 1st
    >> page, crimson, ezpad, acehtml, notetab light, html-kit, context, pspad,
    >> websmill, metapad, quanta (linux), tswebeditor, notespad, grey matter
    >> pro, editpad lite, stones webwrite, matizha sublime, nvu, SciTE,
    >> Notepad++, CSE HTML Validator, Through the web editor, Xinha, FCK
    >> editor, textpad, notetab, editplus, ultraedit, editpad, hypertext
    >> studio, namo, acehtml pro, ibm websphere, spider writer, Zues, CSE HTML
    >> Validator pro, phpedit, Winsyntax, devphp, phpcoder, Davor's PHP Editor,
    >> php designer, phped, top php studio, dzsoft php editor, Expert Editor,
    >> komodo, maguma studio/workbench, xmlpro2, cooktop, xray, peters xml
    >> eiditor, morphon, xopus, editml, xmlwriter, oxygen pro, blueprint,
    >> xmlspy, turboxml, xmlmind.
    >>

    > So what do you use on the other days of the week?
    > :)

    A cup of tea.

    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 8, 2006
  16. genedefcon2006

    JohnW Guest

    On 7 Oct 2006 14:00:16 -0700, "genedefcon2006"
    <> wrote:

    >Whta's your favorite HTML editor?
    >Mine's EditPad Lite.

    I've been happily using Homesite for 5 years (bought it from
    Allaire before Macromedia bought them, and now Adobe bought
    Macromedia). Before that I used Hot Dog. I use EditPadLite and
    TSE (successor to QEdit) extensively but not for HTML work.

    The sites I maintain have a high percentage of older people so I want
    to keep things simple and small (for dial ups).

    I use CSS but mainly only for style uniformity within a site. Forex,
    when I get a doc file, I convert it to HTML with old Word 97 (pre CSS
    coding) whereas Word 2003 adds 50% to the file size with CSS coding
    throughout and the resulting page looks no better in a browser.

    --
    JohnW-Mpls

    JohnW, Oct 8, 2006
  17. I am thinking of getting Home Site.

    genedefcon2006, Oct 8, 2006
  18. genedefcon2006

    Sid Guest

    On 8 Oct 2006 09:09:19 -0700, "genedefcon2006"
    <> wrote:

    : I am thinking of getting Home Site.

    Good for you!

    Sid

    Sid, Oct 8, 2006
  19. genedefcon2006

    BootNic Guest

    > genedefcon2006 <> wrote:
    > I am thinking of getting Home Site.

    http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/

    You can upgrade from any previous version of WeBuilder, HTMLPad, Rapid CSS or Rapid PHP. The upgrade price is only $25.85 (limited
    time offer).

    WeBuilder 2006 Personal License - $39.85 US (Special Offer)
    For personal non-commercial use by students and other individuals.

    WeBuilder 2006 - $49.85 US (Special Offer)
    For general use by professional developers, companies and government

    Unconditional 30-day Money-Back Guarantee

    Very similar to Home Site.

    Home Site 5.5 US $99.00

    --
    BootNic Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:50 PM

    Happiness for the average person may be said to flow largely from
    common sense - adapting one-self to circumstances - and a sense of
    humor.
    *Beatrice Lillie (1898-1989) English comedienne*

    BootNic, Oct 8, 2006
  20. genedefcon2006

    JohnW Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:52:05 GMT, "BootNic"
    <> wrote:

    >> genedefcon2006 <> wrote:
    >> I am thinking of getting Home Site.

    >http://www.blumentals.net/webuilder/
    >
    >You can upgrade from any previous version of WeBuilder, HTMLPad, Rapid CSS or Rapid PHP. The upgrade price is only $25.85 (limited
    >time offer).
    >
    >WeBuilder 2006 Personal License - $39.85 US (Special Offer)
    >For personal non-commercial use by students and other individuals.
    >
    >WeBuilder 2006 - $49.85 US (Special Offer)
    >For general use by professional developers, companies and government
    >
    >Unconditional 30-day Money-Back Guarantee
    >
    >Very similar to Home Site.
    >
    >Home Site 5.5 US $99.00

    Thank you. I'll try it - d/l a trial copy.

    I'm not unhappy with Homesite but there may be things in WeBuilder I'd
    like but I don't know about.

    --
    JohnW-Mpls

    JohnW, Oct 8, 2006