When can I buy upgrade to vs 2008?

sandal

When will I be able to buy the upgrade from vs 2003 pro to vs 2008 pro?
I don't have an msdn subscription.

Also I was going to use the trial version of vs 2008 in the interim but
vs 2008 pro trial is not released yet. Does anyone know when it will be?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The launch event is February 27, 2008. The live event is in Los Angeles.

sandal

If you super-need it now, then you can get an msdn subscription..and get it
now.

If you don't need it now, you can wait til februrary.

If you have it available (geographically), then going to an InstallFest and
getting a free copy would be smart:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=installfests+vs2008
OK, does anyone know of how much more delay to expect with the trial? If
they had the pro trial I'd be able to make do till the ship date.

Is there any special headache I'd incur if I dl and install the team
version of vs2008?

Scott Roberts

Also I was going to use the trial version of vs 2008 in the interim but
vs 2008 pro trial is not released yet. Does anyone know when it will be?

If you type the phrase "vs 2008 professional trial" into Yahoo! search, the
top result is this:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...dition-tfs-2008-and-sourcesafe-questions.aspx

If you then exert the energy to click the link, the very top question is
this:

"When will the trial edition of VS 2008 Professional be available for
download?

We shipped a free trial edition of VS 2008 Team Suite on the web last week.
You can download it here. We are hoping to publish the free trial edition
of VS 2008 Professional on the web later this week. Both can be used for
free for 90 days after you install them. If you aren't a MSDN subscriber
and want to get VS 2008 immediately this is a good way to get started."

Seriously.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

sandal said:
OK, does anyone know of how much more delay to expect with the trial? If
they had the pro trial I'd be able to make do till the ship date.

Not sure when it will be up, but it should be soon.
Is there any special headache I'd incur if I dl and install the team
version of vs2008?

No, but you will not be able to upgrade, in place, to anything but a full
version of Team Suite. If you wait a few days for the Pro trial, you can
upgrade in place to Pro.

sandal

If you type the phrase "vs 2008 professional trial" into Yahoo! search, the
top result is this:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...dition-tfs-2008-and-sourcesafe-questions.aspx

If you then exert the energy to click the link, the very top question is
this:

"When will the trial edition of VS 2008 Professional be available for
download?

We shipped a free trial edition of VS 2008 Team Suite on the web last week.
You can download it here. We are hoping to publish the free trial edition
of VS 2008 Professional on the web later this week. Both can be used for
free for 90 days after you install them. If you aren't a MSDN subscriber
and want to get VS 2008 immediately this is a good way to get started."

Seriously.

Thanks, tho you seem a bit cynical about my request. I searched for an
answer to this via google, web and 'groups' (usenet) and came up with
nothing.

sandal

Not sure when it will be up, but it should be soon.

No, but you will not be able to upgrade, in place, to anything but a full
version of Team Suite. If you wait a few days for the Pro trial, you can
upgrade in place to Pro.
I wasn't sure about the upgrade from team trial to pro, had wondered but
didn't articulate in my post...thanks

sandal

When will I be able to buy the upgrade from vs 2003 pro to vs 2008 pro?
I don't have an msdn subscription.

Also I was going to use the trial version of vs 2008 in the interim but
vs 2008 pro trial is not released yet. Does anyone know when it will be?
The vs 2008 pro trail is available for download now, fyi.