Where can I find the C function library source ?

Malcolm

Tera said:
can you please give me a link ?
Buy Plauger's "The standard C library" for source to stdlib functions.
Unfortunately I don't think he makes it available online, but the book is
good enough to be worth buying in hard copy.

Tera

Malcolm said:
Buy Plauger's "The standard C library" for source to stdlib functions.
Unfortunately I don't think he makes it available online, but the book is
good enough to be worth buying in hard copy.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131315099/103-3034105-7350203?v=glance
This is the introduction about "The standard C library" writed by P.J
Plauger on amazon.com. But unfortunately, this is not on sale in
computer science bookshop now.At least,I can't find it nearby.

Richard Bos

Tera said:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131315099/103-3034105-7350203?v=glance
This is the introduction about "The standard C library" writed by P.J
Plauger on amazon.com. But unfortunately, this is not on sale in
computer science bookshop now.At least,I can't find it nearby.

It has an ISBN number and it is from a major publisher[1]. A good
bookshop should be able to either order it for you, or tell you that it
is out of print if so.

Richard

[1] Which is important, as I found out a couple of months ago when I
tried to order a book published by the NESFA.

Gregory Pietsch

Tera said:
can you please give me a link ?

The C standard is the source for how the library should behave. It is a
subset of the SysV3 standard, which is available from the Open Group
for free.

As for an implementation of the Standard for the library, glibc has
already been said (available wherever GNU software is downloaded).
Another implementation is newlib (from Red Hat, available with Cygwin).
There are a few others out on the Web; you can search for them.

P.J. Plauger's "Standard C Library" book contains an implementation of
the library for C89. Unfortunately, he hasn't updated it for C99,
although I for one would be curious as to his implementation of the
newer functions in C99. Also, his code isn't currently free, so you'd
have to improve it or structure your implementation along different
lines. Plauger does lurk on comp.lang.c every so often though.

HTH, HAND, Gregory Pietsch

Tera

Anyaway,thank you.