  1. Tera

    Tera Guest

    can you please give me a link ?

    Tera, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Tera

    SM Ryan Guest

    SM Ryan, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Tera

    Malcolm Guest

    "Tera" <> wrote

    > can you please give me a link ?

    Buy Plauger's "The standard C library" for source to stdlib functions.
    Unfortunately I don't think he makes it available online, but the book is
    good enough to be worth buying in hard copy.

    Malcolm, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Tera

    Tera Guest

    Thank your advice

    Malcolm wrote:
    > "Tera" <> wrote
    > >
    > > can you please give me a link ?
    > >

    > Buy Plauger's "The standard C library" for source to stdlib functions.
    > Unfortunately I don't think he makes it available online, but the book is
    > good enough to be worth buying in hard copy.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131315099/103-3034105-7350203?v=glance
    This is the introduction about "The standard C library" writed by P.J
    Plauger on amazon.com. But unfortunately, this is not on sale in
    computer science bookshop now.At least,I can't find it nearby.

    Tera, Sep 22, 2005
  5. Tera

    Richard Bos Guest

    Re: Thank your advice

    "Tera" <> wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    > > "Tera" <> wrote
    > > >
    > > > can you please give me a link ?
    > > >

    > > Buy Plauger's "The standard C library" for source to stdlib functions.
    > > Unfortunately I don't think he makes it available online, but the book is
    > > good enough to be worth buying in hard copy.

    > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131315099/103-3034105-7350203?v=glance
    > This is the introduction about "The standard C library" writed by P.J
    > Plauger on amazon.com. But unfortunately, this is not on sale in
    > computer science bookshop now.At least,I can't find it nearby.

    It has an ISBN number and it is from a major publisher[1]. A good
    bookshop should be able to either order it for you, or tell you that it
    is out of print if so.

    Richard

    [1] Which is important, as I found out a couple of months ago when I
    tried to order a book published by the NESFA.

    Richard Bos, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Tera wrote:
    > can you please give me a link ?

    The C standard is the source for how the library should behave. It is a
    subset of the SysV3 standard, which is available from the Open Group
    for free.

    As for an implementation of the Standard for the library, glibc has
    already been said (available wherever GNU software is downloaded).
    Another implementation is newlib (from Red Hat, available with Cygwin).
    There are a few others out on the Web; you can search for them.

    P.J. Plauger's "Standard C Library" book contains an implementation of
    the library for C89. Unfortunately, he hasn't updated it for C99,
    although I for one would be curious as to his implementation of the
    newer functions in C99. Also, his code isn't currently free, so you'd
    have to improve it or structure your implementation along different
    lines. Plauger does lurk on comp.lang.c every so often though.

    HTH, HAND, Gregory Pietsch

    Gregory Pietsch, Sep 28, 2005
  7. Tera

    Tera Guest