  1. Tera

    Tera Guest

    can you please give me the link ?
    Tera, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Tera

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Tera wrote:
    > can you please give me the link ?

    This is not a chat room, don't repost your question if it is not
    answered immediately.

    Also, please put the entire question in the body, don't leave half of it
    only in the subject.

    Read the group and it's FAQ (and for groups with a charter read the
    charter) before posting, this would have shown you that this is not a
    "sources wanted" group but a groups about programming in standard C.

    When posting provide sufficient information that people stand some vague
    chance of helping you. On my systems I can often find the C sources in a
    tarball in /usr/portage/distfiles but that is unlikely to help you.

    A slightly more helpful answer is that it depends entirely on your OS
    *and* the C implementation you are using, since each combination can use
    entirely different source code for the standard C library, and in some
    cases that source code will not be made available. So I suggest you try
    using Google and if that does not help asking in a group dedicated to
    your specific system after checking their FAQ, charter and at least a
    few days worth of posts.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Look up her/his e-mail address:

    Tera has been posting in chinese/japanse or something mostly.

    I doubt he/she will understand your typical frustrated c programmer bullshit
    below ;) =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 20, 2005
  4. Tera

    Tera Guest

    I'am so sorry.The speed of my network is slow.So I don't know I have
    sent it out.
    I have come to apologize to you.
    Tera, Sep 20, 2005
  5. Tera

    Tera Guest

    I'm writing a OS,just for a experiment.At the beginning, I write it
    with assemble.But now I find it is too hard,so I wanna use C...
    Skybuck Flying,you make me unpleased.My English is poor,but i know what
    you mean
    at least. :(
    Tera, Sep 20, 2005
  6. Tera

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Tera wrote:
    > I'm writing a OS,just for a experiment.At the beginning, I write it
    > with assemble.But now I find it is too hard,so I wanna use C...
    > Skybuck Flying,you make me unpleased.My English is poor,but i know what
    > you mean
    > at least. :(

    I believe the Skybuck Flying is not highly regarded around here, so you
    can ignore him/her without loosing anything worth noting.

    Being poor at English is not a problem as long as it is understandable
    and I at least can understand your posts.

    The C library contains a lot of system specific code, so you will have
    to write significant parts of it yourself. Mr Plauger's book is highly
    regarded and would be a good reference for this.

    We will be happy to help you with your C programming issues, but you
    will have to ask on a group dedicated to your hardware or possibly
    comp.arch.embedded when you need to use non-standard tricks such as
    addressing the hardware directly.
    Flash Gordon, Sep 20, 2005
  7. Tera

    Default User Guest

    Tera wrote:

    > I'am so sorry.The speed of my network is slow.So I don't know I have
    > sent it out.
    > I have come to apologize to you.

    A further thing you need to know for participating here is to quote
    enough of the previous message to provide context for your reply. To do
    so from Google, click on "show options" and use the Reply shown in the
    expanded header.

    Brian
    Default User, Sep 20, 2005
  8. Tera

    Tera Guest

    OK,thank yuo all.
    Tera, Sep 21, 2005
  9. "Tera" <> writes:
    > OK,thank yuo all.

    Ah, irony.

    Here's the text of the article to which you just replied:

    ] Tera wrote:
    ]
    ] > I'am so sorry.The speed of my network is slow.So I don't know I have
    ] > sent it out.
    ] > I have come to apologize to you.
    ]
    ] A further thing you need to know for participating here is to quote
    ] enough of the previous message to provide context for your reply. To do
    ] so from Google, click on "show options" and use the Reply shown in the
    ] expanded header.
    ]
    ]
    ]
    ] Brian

    Please follow Brian's advice.

    Keith Thompson, Sep 21, 2005
  10. Tera

    Tera Guest

    Keith Thompson 写é“:

    > "Tera" <> writes:
    > > OK,thank yuo all.

    > Ah, irony.
    >
    > Here's the text of the article to which you just replied:
    >
    > ] Tera wrote:
    > ]
    > ] > I'am so sorry.The speed of my network is slow.So I don't know I have
    > ] > sent it out.
    > ] > I have come to apologize to you.
    > ]
    > ] A further thing you need to know for participating here is to quote
    > ] enough of the previous message to provide context for your reply. To do
    > ] so from Google, click on "show options" and use the Reply shown in the
    > ] expanded header.
    > ]
    > ]
    > ]
    > ] Brian
    >
    > Please follow Brian's advice.

    like this ?
    Tera, Sep 21, 2005
  11. "Tera" <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson 写é“:
    >
    >> "Tera" <> writes:
    >> > OK,thank yuo all.

    >> Ah, irony.
    >>
    >> Here's the text of the article to which you just replied:
    >>
    >> ] Tera wrote:
    >> ]
    >> ] > I'am so sorry.The speed of my network is slow.So I don't know I have
    >> ] > sent it out.
    >> ] > I have come to apologize to you.
    >> ]
    >> ] A further thing you need to know for participating here is to quote
    >> ] enough of the previous message to provide context for your reply. To do
    >> ] so from Google, click on "show options" and use the Reply shown in the
    >> ] expanded header.
    >> ]
    >> ]
    >> ]
    >> ] Brian
    >>
    >> Please follow Brian's advice.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
    >> San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
    >> We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.

    > like this ?

    Well, sort of. Yes, you've found the proper 'Reply' button, but you
    should also delete anything from the previous article that's not
    relevant to your reply. In particular, don't quote signatures unless
    you're actually commenting on them. And how did my e-mail address get
    mangled in the attribution line?

    Keith Thompson, Sep 21, 2005
  12. Tera

    Old Wolf Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "Tera" <> writes:
    >> Keith Thompson 写é“:

    > And how did my e-mail address get mangled in the attribution line?

    I'm not sure what you get on your screen, but on mine it says:

    Keith Thompson XY:

    where 'X' and 'Y' are Chinese characters, which I presume have
    the meaning of 'wrote'.
    Old Wolf, Sep 22, 2005
  13. In article <>,
    Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    >And how did my e-mail address get
    >mangled in the attribution line?

    There are nine bytes there corresponding (in UTF-8) to two Chinese or
    Japanese characters followed by a double-width colon.

    -- Richard
    Richard Tobin, Sep 22, 2005
  14. Tera

    Tera Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:

    > And how did my e-mail address get
    > mangled in the attribution line?

    I'am not sure what you mean about this.
    Tera, Sep 22, 2005
  15. Tera

    Tera Guest

    Old Wolf wrote:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    > > "Tera" <> writes:
    > >> Keith Thompson 写é“:

    > > And how did my e-mail address get mangled in the attribution line?

    > I'm not sure what you get on your screen, but on mine it says:
    >
    > Keith Thompson XY:
    >
    > where 'X' and 'Y' are Chinese characters, which I presume have
    > the meaning of 'wrote'.

    Yes,I'am Chinese. On my screen,there are English and Chinese
    words.Sometimes,"wrote:" can be "写é“:" in Chinese.
    Tera, Sep 22, 2005
  16. Re: Where can I find the C function library source ? [UTF8]

    Old Wolf wrote:
    > I'm not sure what you get on your screen, but on mine it says:
    >
    > Keith Thompson XY:
    >
    > where 'X' and 'Y' are Chinese characters, which I presume have
    > the meaning of 'wrote'.

    They are simplified Chinese characters:

    写 (xie): write
    é“ (dao): Dao, road, path; *to say*
    Martin Ambuhl, Sep 22, 2005
  17. Tera

    Mabden Guest

    "Keith Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > "Tera" <> writes:
    > > Keith Thompson ??:

    > >> Ah, irony.
    > >>

    > And how did my e-mail address get
    > mangled in the attribution line?

    This is Off Topic in comp.lang.c.

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, Sep 22, 2005
  18. "Mabden" <mabden@sbc_global.net> writes:
    > "Keith Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> "Tera" <> writes:
    >> > Keith Thompson ??:

    >> And how did my e-mail address get
    >> mangled in the attribution line?

    > This is Off Topic in comp.lang.c.

    I see you've been posting a lot today. Unless I've missed something,
    you have said *nothing* topical. A little joking around is ok, but
    could you *try* to talk about C? Maybe you could start by shooting
    for a 50% topicality ratio.

    Keith Thompson, Sep 22, 2005
  19. Tera

    > "Mabden" <mabden@sbc_global.net> writes:
    > > "Keith Thompson" <> wrote in message

    > >> And how did my e-mail address get
    > >> mangled in the attribution line?

    > > This is Off Topic in comp.lang.c.

    > I see you've been posting a lot today. Unless I've missed something,
    > you have said *nothing* topical.

    Did too! I said you couldn't embed an object file in C source!
    Hey! you're the one posting off-topic here - asking about Chinese
    characters. Here's a site that would have helped you find that info:
    http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/

    > A little joking around is ok, but
    > could you *try* to talk about C? Maybe you could start by shooting
    > for a 50% topicality ratio.

    Again, couldn't you *TRY* to say that in a Haiku or something Zen-like?

    "The vast sea lets fish leap freely; the endless sky lets birds fly
    freely; the wind has no moment."

    I know you are clueless, so I will 'splain some of the allegory:
    Sea = C, endless sky = internet / newsgroups, wind = well, you figure it
    out...

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, Sep 23, 2005
  20. Tera

    > A little joking around is ok, but
    > could you *try* to talk about C?

    Honestly, I don't know how you can answer the same crappy questions and
    homework questions and pointer questions, day after day after day... ad
    infinitum. Yet you have been doing a great job in doing so for years.

    My hat is off to you, Keith, for your patience, understanding, and
    willingness to work with early beginners. You are level-headed, and step
    in to give the correct facts. You are cordial and thorough,
    knowledgeable and nice. I admire you, and I truly believe you are akin
    to Howard Cosell as an irreplaceable resource in comp.lang.c. Well done,
    my friend, well done.

    I pop in for a few weeks, take a look around, sniper a few idiots, and I
    have to leave; it's just the same old crap. There must be decades of the
    same boring, trivial, homework type programs that no one would really do
    in the Real World. And any of them could just Google the same question
    they are about to post and get 500 responses - many that actually DO the
    homework!

    I also have a problem with training up the very people who are taking
    our jobs away. When I see these overseas posts that want to drain our
    brains so they can better steal our jobs, I wonder at the people
    answering the questions. This is a serious problem. In another thread
    there was talk about stealing because someone put a book online. How
    about the fact that you are helping the person who took my job
    online...?! I know the answer to the question, and you know the answer,
    but the person making $1.50 in India or China doesn't know the answer -
    so let's use our 20 years experience to help them steal our jobs. I say,
    "OSHI!" (When Mussolini asked Greece to join the Nazis, the Greek
    ruler's one word answer was, "No!" They have a National Holiday about
    it)

    I would like to see some interesting C questions or debates (remember
    the NULL vs 0 vs location 0 vs embedded devices not having a location 0,
    etc. discussion we had; that was meaningful, interesting, and topical) I
    just don't see anything like that when I check in (and I check in more
    than I post, BTW) and after a while I just want to stir things up in
    here to try to get something or someone interesting to comment.

    I guess that when I see the forum doing the kids' homework for them, and
    stupid questions about converting integers to floats or something, I
    just want to post something irreverent to break up the monotony. Then I
    get grief from people like you and it sucks the fun out of it... Please
    lighten up. You can't prevent my humorous jocularity, and at most you
    can only scold after the fact. Or you could just ignore it. I would
    never want you to killfile me, and if it ever enters your mind
    (...again?) please let me know first, as I DO appreciate your comments,
    mostly...

    Keith, you could take a page out of the book of ... duh duh duh dum ...
    (seriously concerned about invoking the name... <shiver>) ... Dan Pop.
    HE jumps upon the unrighteous with swift and sure Justice, however not
    over trivial things; you must incur the wrath of the Pop. You are much
    more free with your critisms over a cute "bon mot" or turn of phrase.
    Perhaps you should get laid more often...

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, Sep 23, 2005