    Any help will be appreciate.

    Thanks a lot.

    , Aug 8, 2006

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :
    > Hi, all!
    > Please help me to find out what perl installation do on my computer:
    > Which files does perl installation extract and where?
    > Is perl installation write something to regestry?
    > And if perl installation sets some environment variable?

    Since you mention 'registry' I assume you're on Win32. If you're using
    ActivePerl, the the installer creates the following:

    1. The entire directory tree you installed it into, usually C:/Perl.
    2. An association for .pl in the registry.
    3. An entry 'C:\Perl\bin' in %PATH%.

    AFAICR, that is all.

    Why do you need to know? Surely the uninstaller would back it all out?
    Or are you using some other Perl/Win32 distro?

    Ben

    --
    The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
    Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,

    Ben Morrow, Aug 8, 2006

  3. yav Guest

    It is indeed win32.
    Your information was very helpful.
    Thank you very much!

    yav, Aug 8, 2006
  4. yav Guest

    Regarding Ben's question.
    I'm want to include perl as part of installation of my company product,
    install\uninstall our product should add\remove particular perl version
    and shouldn't touch other perl installed on the machine.

    Thanks.

    yav, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Henry Law Guest

    yav wrote:
    > Regarding Ben's question.
    > I'm want to include perl as part of installation of my company product,

    If by "Perl" you mean ActiveState Perl then you should read the license
    terms quite carefully, since they seem to me to forbid, or at least
    restrict, this. (They are installed with the ActiveState distribution:
    click on "License and Copyright" near the top of the "navigation" pane
    when viewing the HTML help).

    --

    Henry Law <>< Manchester, England

    Henry Law, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Tintin Guest

    Sound like you could use PAR instead. http://par.perl.org/

    Tintin, Aug 8, 2006
  7. Sisyphus Guest

    "Ben Morrow" <> wrote in message
    ..
    ..

    > Since you mention 'registry' I assume you're on Win32. If you're using
    > ActivePerl, the the installer creates the following:
    >
    > 1. The entire directory tree you installed it into, usually C:/Perl.
    > 2. An association for .pl in the registry.
    > 3. An entry 'C:\Perl\bin' in %PATH%.

    With ActiveState perl if, instead of installing the '.msi' package, you
    download the '.zip' and install by running 'install.bat' (which is included
    in the '.zip') you can install perl to the location of your choice without
    doing *anything* to the registry or the path. (You'll be prompted regarding
    both those aspects, iirc. Just select the option that best suits your
    needs.)

    I don't think the '.zip' package has an 'uninstall' capability - not really
    a problem.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Aug 9, 2006
  8. yav Guest

    Thanks.
    We have(buy) the permission to include perl. Regarding the zip
    installation I will try it.
    Thank you very, very much.
    You help me big time :)

    yav, Aug 9, 2006