Which is best authentication method?

Ashish Kanoongo

Let me know the best authentication method and why ? I am asking in ASP.NET using C#.

1. Windows Builtin authentication
2. Passport base authentication
3. Form Based Authentication
4. Default (IIS) Authentication

.NET Follower

hi,
actually it depends upon ur need
if u r making app for local intranet
then normally we go for windows method where w eknow users.

passport is less used as it involves u to avail the sevices from MS

i feel form method is normally used which lets us to redirect user s from secured pages
to login and back to original page,

also we can use USERS AND ROLES with it
using system.security

--
Thanks and Regards,

Amit Agarwal
Software Programmer(.NET)
Let me know the best authentication method and why ? I am asking in ASP.NET using C#.

1. Windows Builtin authentication
2. Passport base authentication
3. Form Based Authentication
4. Default (IIS) Authentication