    3. Form Based Authentication
    4. Default (IIS) Authentication

    ---

    Ashish Kanoongo, Feb 4, 2004

  2. hi,
    actually it depends upon ur need
    if u r making app for local intranet
    then normally we go for windows method where w eknow users.

    passport is less used as it involves u to avail the sevices from MS

    i feel form method is normally used which lets us to redirect user s from secured pages
    to login and back to original page,

    also we can use USERS AND ROLES with it
    using system.security

    --
    Thanks and Regards,

    Amit Agarwal
    Software Programmer(.NET)
    "Ashish Kanoongo" <> wrote in message news:uK0BA$...
    Let me know the best authentication method and why ? I am asking in ASP.NET using C#.

    1. Windows Builtin authentication
    2. Passport base authentication

    Ashish Kanoongo, Feb 4, 2004
  4. hi,