Why custom (config) files are not copied in Web Site / Webservice bin folder

PAF

Hi all,

I have a solution that contains a Web Site / Webservice project and
one library project.
The library project use a config file.

When I build the solution, the config file is not copied in bin folder
of web site in spite of the config file is flagged as "Copy Always".

Someone could explain me why and give me a solution?

Thanks

Guest

When setting the Copy to Output Directory property to Copy always, the file
is copied to the build output directory of the project in which it is
contained, i.e. the library project.

Now, the .config file that is used by the library project, do you read from
using your own routines? I am asking, because if it includes standard
settings that are "automatically applied" to the assembly, you need to move
these settings to the .config file of the application (web service or web
site) that is using your assembly (library project).

PAF

First thank you for your answer.

In fact my Assembly project is using another Assembly that is not my
Assembly. So I can't change anything in the code... This Assembly is
looking for a config file that is not copied to the web site bin
folder in spite of "Copy Always".

But with WinForms projects, the file is copied. So what is the
difference between WebSites and WinForms?!

Thank you.