    http://www.wikicodia.com

    Thanks
    Wikicodia Admin

    Wikicodia Admin, Jul 27, 2007

  2. Wikicodia Admin

    David Cox Guest

    "Broswe"?

    spell checking code especially sought?

    Good luck with this venture.

    David F. Cox

    David Cox, Jul 27, 2007

  3. In comp.lang.javascript message <
    glegroups.com>, Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:00:30, Wikicodia Admin
    <> posted:
    >Dears,
    >
    >Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
    >collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
    >programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
    >help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
    >very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
    >share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. We're
    >waiting for your JavaScript snippets

    But is there effective quality control? The text of the JavaScript
    Random page is wrong at present ... but is now changed.

    At present, most of the Javascript material was entered, it seems, by a
    single person not known here.

    Aside ; there is a function countdown easily found by Googling that
    string. It is bloated; and a modified form seen on the site of an
    otherwise reputable establishment has an additional error. Naturally,
    there is now a better algorithm in the obvious place (no intelligent
    regulars here will need it, of course).

    --
    (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 IE 6.

    Dr J R Stockton, Jul 28, 2007
  4. In comp.lang.javascript message <
    glegroups.com>, Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:00:30, Wikicodia Admin
    <> posted:
    >Dears,

    ??

    >Wikicodia is a wiki based project for sharing code snippets. We're
    >collecting large number of code snippets for all code-based
    >programming languages, scripts, shells and consoles. We wish you could
    >help us. We're still BETA. Your suggestions, ideas and criticisms are
    >very welcomed. We're waiting for you contributions. You can easily
    >share and search our snippet using our Google Desktop Gadget. We're
    >waiting for your JavaScript snippets
    >
    >http://www.wikicodia.com

    AFAICS, they are not collecting, but writing; and not for all languages
    - no mention of APL or Jovial, for example.

    <FAQENTRY>
    As it stands, under no circumstances should the FAQ (if ever updated)
    contain a favourable reference to Wikicodia. However, giving a warning
    against it seems likely to be useful - though it would only be proper to
    do so if the published FAQ were being updated frequently enough to
    respond to any changes in the situation.

    The Javascript pages appear to have been created by a very small number
    of juveniles; and, from sampling, the same persons have created at least
    most of the rest.

    Dr J R Stockton, Aug 6, 2007