Wikipedia XML -> PHP?

IchBin

Piet said:
You mean the contents of the document that the URL points to?

$url = "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Alastair_Ralphs";
$handle = fopen($url, "r");
$contents = stream_get_contents($handle);
fclose($handle);

or use file_get_contents.
This is not a solution that you maybe looking for but here goes. The
Eclipse IDE has a wikipedia Plugin that will pert much let you download
change and upload.. There is much more to to this plugin. I figured I
would let you be aware of it.

Naturally the Eclipse link is:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads

The plugin link is here:
http://www.plog4u.org/index.php/Main_Page

IchBin

Piet said:
You mean the contents of the document that the URL points to?

$url = "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Alastair_Ralphs";
$handle = fopen($url, "r");
$contents = stream_get_contents($handle);
fclose($handle);

or use file_get_contents.

This is not a solution that you maybe looking for but here goes. The
Eclipse IDE has a wikipedia Plugin that will pert much let you download
change and upload.. There is much more to to this plugin. I figured I
would let you be aware of it.

Naturally the Eclipse link is:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads

The plugin link is here (Plog4U):
http://www.plog4u.org/index.php/Main_Page

Cain

The
Eclipse IDE has a wikipedia Plugin that will pert much let you download
change and upload..

Thanks for this although I've not got it working yet.

I'm following these steps from
http://www.plog4u.org/index.php/Using_Eclipse_Wikipedia_Editor:Download_a_Wikipedia_Article

"Example: grabbing a wikibooks.org article
a.. create a new index.wp file under your projects /wpsrc directory
b.. write a Wiki link definition somewhere in the editor, for example:
[[Programming:HTML]]
c.. do a "right mouse" click on the link and select menu Open Wiki Link
d.. a new file with the corresponding *.wp filename should open.
e.. do a "right mouse" click on the file name in the Navigator View' and
select menu Wikipedia Download->Refresh Wikipedia from Web
f.. in the opening dialog box select WikibooksEN Download"

However I when I do the last step I don't get any URLs in the opening dialog
box.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Cain.