    Thank

    Matt Perrin
    IBM Software Services

    Matthew Perrins, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Matthew Perrins

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Take a look at DIME in WSE:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx

    http://tinyurl.com/2pg2j
    Using Web Services Enhancements to Send SOAP Messages with Attachments
    See how Web Services Enhancements for Microsoft .NET supports sending
    attachments using DIME and WS-Attachments specifications.

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    "Matthew Perrins" <> schreef in bericht
    > We have a customer who is planning to build a Rich Client with .Net and

    communicate with a WebSphere J2EE Application Server using Web Services. The
    would also like to have binary attachment support through these services. We
    have been able to demonstrate a Java Client calling J2EE WebServices using
    Web Services attachments but would like demo .Net doing the same.

    Jan Tielens, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Matthew Perrins

    Z D Guest

    Could you just convert the file to a binary array and send it along to the
    webservice? The receiver just reassembles the bytes and writes it to
    disk/wherever?

    We do this for an internal application and it works like a charm.

    Does anybody know the drawbacks of doing this vs. using WS-Attachment?

    Z D, Mar 2, 2004