Legacy Asp & .Net 2.0 Web Services (Will Atlas help me?)

Gregory_May

I am creating some .Net 2.0 (C#) web services. I will need to retrofit some
legacy ASP applications to consume these. What is the best way to achieve
this?

This article seems like an OK approach:
http://www.codeproject.com/soap/ConsumWebServicefromASP.asp

A reference in the comments of this article indicates Atlas may do this
better, but I cant find any material that would shed any light on solving
this problem with Atlas. I have just started digging into Atlas, so its a
bit unclear to me if this will actually help solve my problem.

Does anyone have any examples of Legacy Asp code consuming Atlas web
services?

John Saunders

Gregory_May said:
I am creating some .Net 2.0 (C#) web services. I will need to retrofit
some legacy ASP applications to consume these. What is the best way to
achieve this?

This article seems like an OK approach:
http://www.codeproject.com/soap/ConsumWebServicefromASP.asp

A reference in the comments of this article indicates Atlas may do this
better, but I cant find any material that would shed any light on solving
this problem with Atlas. I have just started digging into Atlas, so its a
bit unclear to me if this will actually help solve my problem.

Does anyone have any examples of Legacy Asp code consuming Atlas web
services?

Were you aware that you can't use Atlas on a legacy ASP page?

John

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Use the SoapToolkit to create the message and then XMLHttp to connect. It
will work wonders. Atlas will likely confuse the whole issue as you will
still have to figure out where to connect. A web service is, overall, easier
to work with that attempting to connect ASP to Atlas routines.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!