Deploying .NET 2.0 Web Services...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by javaordotnet, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. javaordotnet

    javaordotnet Guest

    I have successfully run several tests in dev and my web services is
    working perfectly. I am not trying to move it to production on a brand
    new box. .NET 2.0 f/w is installed. I successfully created a new web
    site to host the web services and a subsequent virtual directory to
    house the web services pointing to .NET version 2.0. I even created an
    index.htm file on the virtual directories root, such that I can hit
    that from a web browser and insure I'm getting the right spot. This all
    works.

    http://localhost:8000/index.htm WORKS!
    http://localhost:8000/webservices/index.htm WORKS!

    Problem:

    When I go to execute a WSDL listing of the web service from the box I
    get a 404 not found error. I have opened up full priviledges to
    Network, ASPNET and myself(I created the directories). There are no
    messages in the event logger. No messages in the web site log. Just a
    stink'n 404 error.

    http://localhost:8000/webservices/mywebservice.asmx?wsdl GETS 404
    not found.

    What am I missing?
    javaordotnet, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Check if you have an Application created in your virtual folder. On the
    Virtual Directory tab there is a section "Application settings". If there is
    no app create one and try again.

    Regards,
    Catalin Tomescu

    Catalin Tomescu, Dec 7, 2006