    I saw that the webservice.htc behaviour is no longer being supported. Will
    web apps written using it still function when the XP service pack 2 rolls
    out? Thanks. Ken.

    Ken Dopierala Jr., Jul 19, 2004

  2. Ken Dopierala Jr.

    bruce barker Guest

    not by default. all active/x controls (including xmlhttp used by the web
    behavior) will be disabled by default. you will need to convince your users
    to turn it on for your site. you could switch to netscape which has builtin
    webservice support.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Where can I find documentation on this? I looked at
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx
    and it shows that ActiveX controls need to be trusted. But it does not say
    that Microsoft controls will be automatically untrusted. The cool thing is
    that at the bottom of the screen there will be a (blocked ActiveX) controls
    icon accomanpied by a balloon (the first 5 times) that let's users change
    this behaviour. So it looks both secure and makes it easy for users to
    change their settings. Has anyone tested what this document says with the
    Release Candidate? Does it work slick? Thanks. Ken.

    Ken Dopierala Jr., Jul 19, 2004