win32com and IIS

Chris Curvey

Hi all,

I have a python script that uses the PAMIE libraries to drive IE. It
runs fine from the command line, but it appears to have some
permissions problem when I run it via CGI. Here's the stack trace that
I'm getting.

File "c:\documents and settings\chris\my
documents\cms\com\artfact\cms\model\cPAMIE.py", line 54, in __init__
self._ie = DispatchEx('InternetExplorer.Application')
File "C:\Program Files\Plone
2\Python\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 112, in
DispatchEx
dispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstanceEx(clsid, None, clsctx,
serverInfo, (pythoncom.IID_IDispatch,))[0]
com_error: (-2147024891, 'Access is denied.', None, None)

I found this thread in the archives, but the changes made there don't
seem to have helped.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group...341568?q=win32com+iis&rnum=2#0da814cb9f341568

Any suggestions?

Roger Upole

Are you authenticating when you connect to the web server ?
If you're connected as an anonymous user, you don't have
enough privilege.

Roger