(windows 7,visual studio,ruby in steel) Qt4 not supported?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by lolveley, May 20, 2009.

  1. lolveley

    lolveley Guest

    hello,

    I want to use visual studio 2008 + ruby in steel (plugin ruby), and I
    would like to create a simple program (containing _ say _ a QMainWindow
    containing a QLineEdit.)
    the first statement of my program is : print require 'Qt4' and it
    returns "true", so I thought Qt4 was supported (I don't remember if I
    installed some particular stuff (apart Qt4) in order to use Qt4 with
    ruby (I mean qt4-qtruby, or korumdum).

    but Qt4 is not actually supported : I have this error (at the line :
    class Fen_princ < QMainWindow) : "uninitialized constant QMainWindow"...

    do you know if there are some libraries to add to the project?

    or an other IDE to use on window and which supports Qt4?

    olivier.

    http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

    lolveley, May 20, 2009

  2. lolveley

    Ken Bloom Guest

    On Wed, 20 May 2009 23:47:44 +0900, lolveley wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > I want to use visual studio 2008 + ruby in steel (plugin ruby), and I
    > would like to create a simple program (containing _ say _ a QMainWindow
    > containing a QLineEdit.)
    > the first statement of my program is : print require 'Qt4' and it
    > returns "true", so I thought Qt4 was supported (I don't remember if I
    > installed some particular stuff (apart Qt4) in order to use Qt4 with
    > ruby (I mean qt4-qtruby, or korumdum).
    >
    > but Qt4 is not actually supported : I have this error (at the line :
    > class Fen_princ < QMainWindow) : "uninitialized constant QMainWindow"...
    >
    > do you know if there are some libraries to add to the project?
    >
    > or an other IDE to use on window and which supports Qt4?
    >
    > olivier.

    You've got the right library, but you have the naming convention for
    classes in QtRuby wrong. While the C++ version uses names like
    QMainWindow, the Qt version puts them in their own module, so you need to
    convert the name to Qt::MainWindow

    --Ken

    http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/

    Ken Bloom, May 20, 2009