Wizards, Controls and RegisterClientScript

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rain, Jan 5, 2009.

  1. Rain

    Rain Guest

    I have a situation where my controls are registering client side script
    which is resolved to the name ( clientID ) of the control. In other words,
    the functions generated are prefixed with the name of the control thus
    allowing no conflict of the function names in like controls.

    This is fine when the page is not ajax exabled, however, in a wizard
    situation the client side emission of javascript code only happens the first
    time the page is generated.

    I need to know how to allow the javascript code to be regenerated ( I have
    tried to use an update panel above the client side script manager but it
    will not allow me to do this because it needs the script manager to appear
    first.

    Any ideas on how I can mitigate this problem with some solution.

    Many thanks.

    Rain, Jan 5, 2009