[WLS] Deploying an Ent. App.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Hole, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. Hole

    Hole Guest

    Hi there,

    I read the simple tutorial found at http://wldj.sys-con.com/read/48929.htm.

    My problem is to know how package the application and deploying it.

    The tutorial explains how to write an application extending some WL
    classes (i.e. ApplicationLifecycleListener) for the scheduling of job
    (in my case, a call to a web service).

    I use Eclipse 3.3 on a windows xp system and the target server is on
    solaris.

    The real problem is that I don't know how to organize the
    packaging...the application wants an EAR (application client ear??
    what? sob!).

    I have no experience with WLS 8.1 and its descriptors..and a small
    experience in enterprise application packaging and deploying in
    general!

    Thanks in advance for every suggestion or link to a useful (and fast)
    tutorial.
    Hole, Oct 2, 2007